11/30/2015

November 2015 Creative Guest

This month we have invited Mike Dekin to be our Creative Guest.

Creative Guest Facts


I've interested in arts & crafts and graphic design all my life, but eight years ago, it became my life. I have dabbled in card making, water colours, painting and mixed media art and recently become obsessed with art journaling. In March 2015 I set up my first YouTube channel under the name Mike Deakin Art and it has grown faster than I could ever have imagined. I create for myself, but I love to share my processes and my art with others.


The Project
Process:

My canvas,"Frozen Skyline" has been created using black gesso, Town House Teal acrylic Paint from IndigoBlu and Winter Dawn Gilding Flakes also from IndigoBlu. I have added a piece of misty cheese cloth to the bottom to add texture. The lines where added using an old credit card. The building windows were created using the textures stencil from IndigoBlu, finally the silver star splatters were added using Vodka Martini Metallic Acrylic Paint also from IndigoBlu.

Thank you Mike for guesting us this month!!



5 comments:

  1. Awesome job Mike!!! LOVE the idea of using the stencil for skyscrapers and great blended sky. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your canvas! Fantastic design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work Mike, I really love the design!

    ReplyDelete